<< Home > << The Architecture Happy Hour
The Architecture Happy Hour
hpd architecture + interiors principals Laura Davis and Holly Hall share their thoughts and tips on architecture, from helping owners select the right architect to never being too late to begin a career in architecture. Learn more about hpd architecture + interiors at www.hpdarch.com.
Browsing All Episodes:
- The Market Goes Pop?
- Is the commercial construction market in Dallas reaching a tipping point? Laura and Larry discuss the escalating cost to build commercial property in Dallas and its surrounding areas, and if the market has reached a point where costs outweigh return. Also, it was Larry's first week of flying solo. Did he opt for Judge Judy or Family Feud, and what color is his muu-muu?
- Leave, Love, and List
- Larry's bidding farewell to HPD, and "Love It or List It" finds themselves in some hot water. Laura and Larry share their thoughts about the recent lawsuit against the producers and hosts of "Love It or List It", then talk about Larry's imminent departure from HPD and everyone's future plans.
- Who Do You Trust?
- Spring is here which means wacky weather for Texas. With an unexpected tornado last December and several hail storms since the start of 2016, the contractors are rolling in. But who do you trust? Laura and Larry discuss some signs to look out for should you find yourself seeking repairs for weather related damage.
- Is It Worth It?
- Is getting your architecture license really worth it? Larry's niece wants to know the good and the bad of having a license, as well as what you can and cannot do with or without one. Plus Laura and Larry talk a little about upcoming changes to the Intern Development Program.
- Getting the Business
- Business networking can result in multiple referral sources. So who gets the business? Laura and Larry discuss how to divvy up referrals to fellow professionals and what to look for in pairing clients and friends with networking associates.